Starting 2017 – ARMY Magazine January 2017
It is an honor to announce a recent profile in this wonderful magazine of the Association of the US Army written by Chuck Vinch which highlights some of my current projects. I look back at the last 16 plus years and cherish the time I’ve been allowed to spend
I look back at the last 16 plus years and cherish the time I’ve been allowed to spend among the US military – from the US Army’s Special Forces, the 3d Infantry Regiment – “The Old Guard” and its fine soldiers along with the specialty platoons – Presidential Salute Battery, Caisson Platoon. Then there’s the Golden Knights – The US Army’s Ambassadors from the Sky – several rides in their airplane and BLUE, BLUE SKIES! The US Army Band – TUSAB – “Pershing’s Own” and so much more.
I’ve highlighted two gems of the US Army’s crown in the books I’ve written:
and this website continues to deliver some of the unique items I find along the way
NEW PROJECTS HIGHLIGHTED
I have been fortunate in the research that I have done and the continuous “new things” which it presents. With the centennial of “The Great War” – WW I, upon us, my never-ending research continues to uncover some distinctive items and events.
“History, tradition, and legacy are the elemental aspects of the nation’s profession of arms.” – COL Patrick M. Duggan, USA
Here for your reading and information is the article which appears in ARMY MAGAZINE JANUARY 2017 —
BEYOND THE BOOKS
In short time, the two books about the forts will be joined by others highlighted in the above profile, but there’s so much more…
- Scenes of Arlington – An outstanding notecard collection that has been a steady offering at the Arlington National Cemetery gift shop.
- Memorial Day Remembrance – A series of sixteen notecards that provide a glimpse of Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day from Berryman
- WW I Portraits of Frontline Soldiers – A series of notecards featuring the artistic talent of Joseph Chase
- Heraldry Notecards featuring the outstanding regimental, division, Corps and more of the US Army
- A Special Forces Milestone – When President John F. Kennedy met General William P Yarborough.
A SINCERE THANK YOU!
To all my “brothers”, friends and supporters, I wish to express my sincere thanks for your insights, encouragement and more over the years. I will continue my mission of
“Preserving the memories so others will remember….” ™
Tags: 3d Infantry Regiment, Arlington National Cemetery, ARMY Magazine, AUSA, Chuck Vinch, Fort Bragg, Fort McNair, Golden Knights, Images of America - Fort Lesley J. McNair, Images of America - Fort Myer, Patrick M Duggan, President John F. Kennedy, Special Forces, US Army Band, US ARMY GOLDEN KNIGHTS, US Army Special Forces, William P. Yarborough